Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blah Blah..!

Many people adorn your life.. Some who touch your heart, some who don’t, some who are indispensable, some who teach you important lessons, some without whom life would be bland, etc.

But there are some special places in your life which are very special, very close, very important, whose presence assures you of love and security, a shoulder to cry upon, a companion to laugh with, a support when you feel hopeless… For a long time those places might have remained vacant, awaiting for the right people to walk in at that special pre-destined moment, but the yearning never acknowledged and life goes on until slowly the time comes and they arrive one by one and fall into their places and you begin to realize the truth in the saying ‘You never know what you have been missing until it arrives”.

You then begin to love them, love them with all your heart. All the love you had saved up while waiting for them gush out and embrace them, they become an inseparable part of your walking and waking dreams, they make you alive, they make you forget yourself, you bloom into a new somebody when you are cradled by them, you let go of yourself until you reach a point where you cannot imagine a life without them and you wonder how you had managed to survive through the past without them.

But then again there are those dark times when you wonder.. Those ‘special people’... do u really love them for what or who they really are, or do you love them only for the place they hold in your life? You ask yourself... do I often close my eyes and ears to most of their grievous shortcomings only because I am scared to erase them from my precious dreams and await yet again for a new person to walk in and replace them?

You ask yourself- Judge a person for who they really are or Love a person for who they really are. Most of the times if you went with your head and judged them, you are most likely to be disappointed and if you followed your heart and loved them… Yep! Then that’s it I guess….. After all every relationship is about loving and respecting eachother for their true self. Aint it?

Well, I have always been told that I think too much, as I am sure you too just found out. And so at the end of each daunting thinking session, I pacify myself with an anecdote of wisdom of an old friend- Never ask yourself why certain beautiful things happened in your life, just accept it and savour the beauty of it to the fullest; an introspection would only lead you to darker tunnels of miseries where you might tumble down. Then I would again find myself alone and unlike as in olden times, I would have to live along realizing what I am missing. I shudder at these dark thoughts that send shivers down my spine and so I stop myself. But for how long? That remains unanswered…..

No comments: